Why customize my keyboard?
Customizing increases productivity and effeciency by creating specific symbols, legends, colors or graphics for special function keys. Keyboard layout can be modified to improve use. Not only does this make using the keyboard easier; it decreases errors and increases user speed. Basically, customizing saves both time and cost.
What is the difference between custom keyboards, custom keys, templates and labels?
Custom keys have legends that are integrated into the key. Custom keyboards include these custom keys on a keyboard. Templates are made of Lexan polycarbonate and lay on the keyboard with symbols or legends above the appropriate key. These can be changed or removed for different applications. Labels, sometimes called stickers or overlays, are made of durable Lexan and 3M adhesive to easily adhere to the top of the keys. Labels can completely cover existing legends or may be transparent to show both label legends as well as the original keyboard legends.
What is the process for ordering custom keyboards, templates and labels and how long does it usually take?
- Your custom representative will discuss your needs including application, keyboard types, product preferences and any special requirements you may have.
- We'll go over cost structure to find the most economical, quality solution for your keyboard needs.
- Next, we'll work with you to determine how your keyboard should look. We have an experienced artist on staff who can work with pre-existing artwork or design custom artwork for your project.
- After approval of both artwork and price, we'll manufacture and ship your custom product to you.
- The process usually takes around two weeks for in stock items.
What is the minimum order for custom products?
We can print as few as one set of custom keys, labels or templates; but it is more cost effective to order at least ten sets. Our custom sales staff can quote pricing based on a quantity scale.